How long will I be banned from the Armor shop?

Usurper, game for Local Play, BBS, Intranet or Internet

Moderator: Lenny of Repan

Post Reply
CzarAlex
Peon
Peon
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:05 am
Location: New Holland, PA
Contact:

How long will I be banned from the Armor shop?

Post by CzarAlex » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:06 am

You have been shut out from the Armor Store!
You are on their UNWANTED list of persons.
Figure it!

Does that only last one day? I didn't see an option either in the player editor or the configuration menu to toggle that.

User avatar
Lenny of Repan
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:33 pm
Location: Hot Springs National Park Arkansas - USA
Contact:

Re: How long will I be banned from the Armor shop?

Post by Lenny of Repan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:37 am

CzarAlex wrote:You have been shut out from the Armor Store!
You are on their UNWANTED list of persons.
Figure it!

Does that only last one day? I didn't see an option either in the player editor or the configuration menu to toggle that.
Sounds like you were doing some real hard dealing with the armor shop owner. They will only take so much bargaining, and if you insult them with your offers, they'll throw you out of the shop permanently. I've never tested exactly how long you are banned, but I believe it is permanent. And as it sounds, you are also the SYSOP, or you are playing LOCAL. You are right, there is no editor for those kind of settings of the condition flags.
Best advice, is to start your character over, and don't try to offend the shopkeepers.
læhynê de ræpân
Usurper V0.20e downloads http://www.knaper.com/u/index.html

Usurper information http://www.usurper.info
other links http://www.knaper.com/usrp/telnet-links.html

XBurner
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: in ur base,, steelin' yo flag
Contact:

Post by XBurner » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Ahaha! I didn't know we could be banned from shops... holy hell, this game is so badass, it rocks my world every day I play it. 8)
Image

User avatar
Lenny of Repan
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:33 pm
Location: Hot Springs National Park Arkansas - USA
Contact:

Re:

Post by Lenny of Repan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:01 pm

XBurner wrote:Ahaha! I didn't know we could be banned from shops... holy hell, this game is so badass, it rocks my world every day I play it. 8)
Depending upon how you play(and the SYSOP settings), your relationship with the NPC's can become complicated as well. I you have stolen NPC's things and killed them, they will hate you, and never be your friend either. Because these relationships cause slower mainteneance, Some SYSOP's disable this. You may be even able to "marry" NPC's, but generally it is an if rocky mariage at best. Again this is sometimes turned off.
læhynê de ræpân
Usurper V0.20e downloads http://www.knaper.com/u/index.html

Usurper information http://www.usurper.info
other links http://www.knaper.com/usrp/telnet-links.html

CzarAlex
Peon
Peon
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:05 am
Location: New Holland, PA
Contact:

Post by CzarAlex » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Actually, this morning I was able to enter the armor shop. It appears to be just a day long banning.

User avatar
Lenny of Repan
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:33 pm
Location: Hot Springs National Park Arkansas - USA
Contact:

Re: b

Post by Lenny of Repan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:59 pm

CzarAlex wrote:Actually, this morning I was able to enter the armor shop. It appears to be just a day long banning.
Thanks for the update.

I was really under the impression it was permanent, SO I have learned someting NEW :) That is why Usurper has held my interest all these years, just when you think you have it all figured out, you find out something new.

Also why I still like playing Angband and once in a while Moria based games. I played Umoria before Usurper and L.O.R.D.

I see you are a MOO player/entusiast as well. Never got into them or MUD's.
læhynê de ræpân
Usurper V0.20e downloads http://www.knaper.com/u/index.html

Usurper information http://www.usurper.info
other links http://www.knaper.com/usrp/telnet-links.html

XBurner
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: in ur base,, steelin' yo flag
Contact:

Re:

Post by XBurner » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:19 pm

Lenny of Repan wrote:
XBurner wrote:Ahaha! I didn't know we could be banned from shops... holy hell, this game is so badass, it rocks my world every day I play it. 8)
Depending upon how you play(and the SYSOP settings), your relationship with the NPC's can become complicated as well. I you have stolen NPC's things and killed them, they will hate you, and never be your friend either. Because these relationships cause slower mainteneance, Some SYSOP's disable this. You may be even able to "marry" NPC's, but generally it is an if rocky mariage at best. Again this is sometimes turned off.
It's funny you should mention marrying a NPC, 'cause last week, I logged in and it said that I had been married to a chick named NPC. So far, it's been pretty good. No complaints. At least now my Orc can bang something besides a hole in the wall. :P

URG URG YEAH HOLE GOOD
Image

User avatar
Lenny of Repan
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:33 pm
Location: Hot Springs National Park Arkansas - USA
Contact:

Re:

Post by Lenny of Repan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:48 am

XBurner wrote: It's funny you should mention marrying a NPC, 'cause last week, I logged in and it said that I had been married to a chick named NPC. So far, it's been pretty good. No complaints. At least now my Orc can bang something besides a hole in the wall. :P

URG URG YEAH HOLE GOOD
Har HAR HAR!!!
remember tho thats de cause for Orc overpopulation :twisted:

As per this thread, Now I don't remember where I got the info of once banned, always banned.. Maybe just dead brain cells. I just fired up the beta machine,
checked, v0.14(didn't actually ban you, just said it did)
v0.17 kicked you out for one day
v0.19 kicked you out for one day
v0.20d classic mode, kicked you out for one day
v0.20d New mode, kicked you out for one day

mileage might vary, tested on Windows XP in DOS window in local mode.
læhynê de ræpân
Usurper V0.20e downloads http://www.knaper.com/u/index.html

Usurper information http://www.usurper.info
other links http://www.knaper.com/usrp/telnet-links.html

Post Reply